- I'm Trying to Love Spiders, families created a moveable spider on a string web,
- Mango, Abuela, and Me families wrote a Spanish/English dictionary of the words they learned from the story,
- Mother Bruce, families created a pic collage of animals that migrate,
- One Day in the Eucalyptus Eucalyptus Tree, families learned about and made a rainbow Eucalyptus tree with crayons or colored paper strips.
- With the non fiction Glow, families learned about bioluminescence in animals and took a photo "under the ocean" with glowing animals around them using the Green Screen,
- Pink is for Blobfish, families researched another striking color animal and created a new page for the book, and with
- Franklin's Big Splash, the story of Ben's first invention, families used Tagxedo to generate a word picture about that important man.
- Students and their families also played the "guess the silhouette character" game. Take a look:
On Thursday, March 15, we held a special evening to celebrate the Monarch nominated book selections and reading together! Families rotated to three stations where they gathered to read one of the fun, interesting and engaging books and do a short book related activity. For example after reading:
My Reading List!
I am the Library Media Center director at Patton School in Arlington Heights where I help students from kindergarten through 5th grade find terrific independent reading for enjoyment and information, and teach students the skills to use information and technology safely and productively and to connect, communicate and share with others. I have four grown children, a large black dog, (flat coat retriever) and a small striped cat. I am an obessive Chicago Cubs fan and I love to run.